In the pre-Christmas period, it is an exciting time, one of the preparations. For me it’s my favorite. The chalets Christmas markets settle. The squares of the towns you fir stands, the greater the beautiful one who is the pride of all. Shop windows compete imagination, illuminations drive back the darkness, and there in the cold air a little je ne sais quoi magic, as if gold dust falling from the sky, launched by malicious angels.
In the countryside, it is active. We must prepare all the birds that we will enjoy during the holidays, geese, capons, ducks, chickens for large roots, and other critters are subject to an intensive care prior to slaughter them for a few weeks off ….
The mushrooms are hunted in every corner of forests, by intrepid grandpas.They offer their sweet scents terrines pies and other delights. Is not Grandma Caillou!
Cape Ferret, the shells are cleaned and placed in clear pools.
Cupboards are hard fate of Christmas songs. When they are alone moms rising to the attic and down large boxes, one must verify that you have all the decorations for the tree and home. It complements the real manger figurines. We bought a star to top the tree and some ornaments glitter.
It’s time to give a helping hand to the old man dressed in red, helping to choose the appropriate gift. Postal employees have much to do between the letters to Santa Claus and exchanged vows.
The trees in nurseries are pampered, multi-million will meet near fireplaces.
I love the excitement that comes over us at the holidays approach. When harassed, arms full of packages we can finally provide a break there is always at a corner stall walking where you can take comfort: it’s time waffles, roasted chestnuts and mulled wine .
But the mulled wine is also a way of entertaining his friends, his family. With us there was always a pot on the back of the wood stove. In return we surrounded our garden hot glass of our hands to warm them and we drink to sip the liquid syrupy and fragrant, savoring a piece of cake.
- 1 Litre of good red wine of Bordeaux
- 50 ounces of water – an organic orange studded with 6 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 vanilla bean (which can be used for several preparations)
- a small piece ginger-or for those who do not like a ginger, star anise (star anise)
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar curved.
- Peel the ginger and cut into two.
- Halve the orange after washing. Incising the skin in different places and prick cloves above.
- Put in a large pot of water, oranges, ginger, cinnamon stick, sugar and vanilla. Put to heat.
- Pour a liter of red wine. When the liquid to a simmer, reduce heat and cook at least 20 minutes.
- Place a teaspoon in each glass, serve piping hot with a ladle by pouring the liquid over the spoon so as not to break the glass with the hot liquid. We can decorate with a thin slice of orange.
For a dinner of Advent, serve mulled wine as an aperitif accompanied by small laminated with sausage you make with knacks and puff pastry. You will delight your guests.
If you like the power of spices, put to soak the night before by putting only the wine. And add water when heat.
In the Nordic mulled wine is named glögg.